Yesterday, after posting my daily blogpost, the weirdest thing happened! Totally threw me for a loop! I was enjoying a bit of sun on my pasty pale, slightly overweight body (I have a secluded backyard so I do dare to sit in my bikini, the only one who will run away while trying to scratch his eyes out while he yells “the horror, the horror!” is my dog, and he won’t get far as the backyard is fenced *evil grin*), while the phone keeps prompting me for emails. Now this happens every time I publish on my blog, because now I actually have followers. (Yeeeey!!) I can probably turn off the email prompts, or at least turn the sound off when I get emails, but I will be totally honest here and say that I really, really love the attention!
All bloggers love the attention; we all want to be read! That is the whole point of blogging! Now, you tell me that you only blog for yourself and don’t care about readers? FIBBER! If you do not want to be read, then you keep a journal, and never make your entries public. I know myself well enough to admit to the whole world; I blog because I want you to read what I have to say. Therefore, the ding-ding-dingading-ding-ding-ding on my phone pleases me to no end.
I got sidetracked there, sorry about that. There I was, in my bikini, smiling wider and wider for every ding. After a while, I picked up my phone and looked at the stats and the likes and the comments. And that is when I see it “Also, I’m nominating you for the Liebster award.” (In this link you get proof! Dr Meg Sorick really did nominate me!)
Say what? I had seen the Liebster Award running around the forum, but I didn’t really know what it was. Being Norwegian, I understand a little German, when motivated I can even speak it a little: Zwei Bier und eine Brezel, bitte. Most Norwegians learned German in school, and those of us who didn’t, have seen enough Derrick (German TV series about Oberinspektor Derrick and Kriminalhauptmeister Klein running all over Munich solving murder cases) – to carry a meaningful conversation in German about forensics, alibies and motifs. It was so important to me to be unique back in my school days, I opted away German classes just to be different. (I did not need any other reason then that) So I took French classes instead. (Parce que cela est comment je roule!) To all your language teachers out there, just a piece of advice; do not ever try to pass off Batman dubbed in French as a French movie! Je suis Batman! I’m sorry, but that is just wrong in so many levels. The movie Taxi wasn’t yet made back then, but if you need to show your students a good French movie, then Taxi is one they will love. Mind you, we are not talking Hollywood-version with Queen Latifah, but the original French movie, Taxi.
Sorry, got terribly sidetracked again. As I was saying, I understand a little German, and I just happen to know that “Liebster” means sweetheart (or other terms of endearment). Sweetheart Awards? Hellooooo! I’m not a sweetheart! I’m as ornery as they come, so how in the world can I be nominated for any sweetheart awards? Now if we choose to see the award as more of a “good reads award”, then I do believe we are cooking with oil!
Ornery or not, I have to find out what this award I am nominated for really is. I did a search on O’ Wise Google and this site popped up. And yes, it is a chain letter of sorts, but the really cool kind! Basically, it is a marketing tool, a tool where blog-love is sent your way and you get to pay it forward. Of course, everyone decides for themselves if they will partake in this or not. I see it as an honor, and am glad to partake. Giving and receiving a little love is a good thing, don’t you think? (I’m still not a sweetheart, let me be clear on that!)
Dr Meg Sorick nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I am honored. To be recognized by a writer of her caliber is absolutely mind blowing. Please take a look at this short story of hers. In ten sentences she sets the stage and a mood that brings out both emotions and a physical response. I got chills! Thank you so much for nominating my little blog for the Liebster Award, Meg!
Here’s how it works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Here are my answers to Meg’s questions:
- What is your dream vacation? Cruise in Antarctica, including stops on the Falkland Islands and Bouvet Island.
- What book are you currently reading? “Blindgang”, a crime fiction by the Norwegian author Jørn Lier Horst.
- Which historical figure would you most like to have a beer with? (or a coffee, if you don’t drink beer!) Sir Terry Pratchett before the Alzheimer
- If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be? JK. Rowling (Yes, I am a Potter-head)
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be? Atomic Manipulation
- PC or Mac? Android or iPhone? PC and Android
- What makes you want to get out of bed in the morning? The prospects of discovering something cool.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Rock star, veterinarian and geologist.
- Which of your posts so far, is your favorite? Seeing as I am a bilingual blogger, I choose two favorites;-p The English post Road rage much?and the Norwegian Søket etter en healer fortsetter
- What kind of music do you listen to? Hard rock and heavy metal, Baby! I will embed a couple YouTube-vids at the bottom of this post.
- What makes a friend? Communication and tolerance, and a kick ass sense of humor! (read: someone who laughs at all my jokes)
I hereby nominate the following unsuspecting bloggers:
Free Spirit Food – because food!
Mind and Life Matters – because gender equality!
Jess Combs – because gamer girl!
Eccentric Soul – because random loveliness!
Suzie Q Savings – because Snickerdoodles!
Atypical 60 – because toe cleavage!
If you all choose to accept this award then here are your 11 questions:
- What is your dream vacation?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What New Year’s resolution did you make this year, and how long did it take you to break it?
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be?
- What does a perfect day look like to you?
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
- How did you get into the blogging world?
- Shark diving, bungee jumping or sky diving?
- What is your favorite cheesy pick up line, and have you ever used it or have it used on you?
- If you can reccommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what will it be?
- How annoyed are you at my questions right now, on a scale from 1-10? Do you get easily annoyed?
Happy bloggin’ and Rock On!
I said earlier that I would embed some music at the end, seing I now live in Denmark I think it is only fitting that I give a shout out to a Danish band that I really appreciate; VolBeat